Monday, April 02, 2007

The UK Indymedia swamp

I must have a masochistic streak a mile-wide. That's the only way I can explain my compulsion to visit the UK indymedia site. It used to be that I'd like to find out what was going on in the non-Trotskyist, vaguely anarcho Left. Of course I'd find plenty to irritate, but there'd also be stuff that was interesting, challenging and worth following up. Increasingly these days I find nothing but conspiracy theorists, apologists for dictators (Mugabe, Castro etc), Islamist fellow travellers and those self-flagellating Leftists who vie to out-PC each other.

Anyone who dares to question the Leftist orthodoxy on race is instantly a white racist; anyone who dares to question man-made global warming is assumed to be in the pay of oil companies and so on and on and on ad nauseum.

It's a sorry state of affairs, it really is.

No comments: